Friday, 27 December 2013

Happiness does come in a box.

Well another Christmas is over.  It always amazes how much work goes into this one day of the year.  But as every parent will attest it is worth it to see the happiness on your child's face.  This was Rachael's third Christmas and the first one where she was actually aware of  it.  This was our first year in our new house so it will definitely be a Christmas that we will always remember.

Dennis and I had decided that we would't buy each other gifts.  Instead we would each buy ourselves something with the other's blessing.  I decided to treat myself to the Nikon 105mm Micro lens  a lens I have wanted for quite some time.  I settled for the 85mm Micro and although that it is a great lens and I took some very good Macro pictures with it this year, I still longed for the 105mm.  I also treated myself to Lightroom.  Just before Christmas I used my Splurge money to buy a 35mm lens.  I was looking forward to my Christmas holidays to play with my new lenses.

Well my dear husband had one big surprise for me under the tree.


I was speechless.  I wasn't thinking about an upgrade at this point as I was still very happy with my d3100.  I still don't know what my future photography goals are all I know it that I am enjoying it and it has kept me going this year.  At this point in my photography journey I don't think I need a full frame camera...only time will tell.  Until then this baby will do me just fine.  Yes Gold is definitely my color.

I understandably have been quite busy this past few days so I haven't had a lot of time to play with it.  I did manage to figure out how to set it with the same settings as my d3100 so that made me very happy.  Today was my first opportunity to take some real test shots.

Leo is still one of my favorite subjects.  Just like Rachael he has had a camera in his face since the day we first met. Leo always is ready for a photo op.  In the past three years,  I have taken very few solo pictures of Leo. Since I am still figuring things out, Rachael would not make the best subject.

It had been snowing all day...snowfall warning was in effect.  I bundled up Rachael to play in the backyard to get some fresh air.  Leo and Chloe joined us.



Well I now have a photography goal for 2014.......To become more comfortable with using my Nikon d7100.  Looking forward to this new chapter in my photography journey.  Until next year :).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.