Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Shades of Me

This week I have been taking a free online photography class called Shades of Me taught by, you guessed it, Beryl Young.  This is a sneak preview into her Radiate class which will be offered this Fall.

This was a tough assignment for me.  I don't view the days of the week in terms of colors.  Although blue and grey come to mind for Mondays.  The walls of my current house are all neutral as I don't have any interior design skills. 

This week I was introduced to two websites: Colour Lovers and Design Seeds.  I found some beautiful palettes on both of these websites but they would all be extremely difficult for me to take respective photos of this week especially with work and family demands.

So yesterday I bought myself a bouquet of flowers just to have something to take a pictures of :(.  I took a bunch of pictures of it but none that I was extremely proud of, or truth be told, I would even consider keeping after this week's class is over.

Tonight I got inspired.  Palettes are out.  I took Beryl's suggestion about focussing on one color.  Blue is my favorite color and I can't even tell you why.  It just has always been my favorite color for as long as I can remember.  I don't own a lot of blue clothing and I actually don't think it is a color that I look the best in.

Tonight I singled out the blue flowers from the bouquet of flowers and snapped away.
 



 
Tomorrow is the webinar where I will learn a editing technique...addendum to follow :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.