Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Radiate: Week Four- Emotions of Me.

The assignment for this week in Radiate was to think about an emotion that we would like to explore deeply this week..  I chose to explore the emotion of HOPE.  Hope has not been a strong emotion for me this past year for obvious reasons, but recent news has challenged my "the glass is half empty" viewpoint, and is daring me so to speak, to hope again.

The last time I really felt hopeful was when I was pregnant for the first time back in 2009.  Like most expectant Moms I waited the standard 12wks before I announced my pregnancy to family and friends.  Back then my belief was once you pass the 12wk point it was smooth sailing right???  Wrong.  In November of 2009 my world came crashing down like a deck of cards and on December 17th, 2009 when we lost Colden,  my feelings of HOPE died as well

With my second pregnancy I tried my best to be hopeful but it was in terms of hopefully we will be bringing a baby home.  Well we did.

When I learned I was pregnant again last year I was feeling hopeful and dreamt of my daughter playing with her sibling...well siblings it would be after learning we were expecting twins.  Despite the challenges of a twin pregnancy there was never any doubt in my mind that we would not be bringing both babies home..  Nothing prepared me for losing both boys, Ethan and Noah, on December 23rd, 2012....Once again my feelings of HOPE were gone.

I have had a "the glass is half empty" viewpoint for most of this year.  Scared to hope that good things would happy to me...ready and almost prepared for the bad things.

Because I have a living child I feel like I owe it to her to be hopeful.  So my challenge from this point on is to work at being hopeful.  Good things will happen, I will get my happy ending and there is a light at the end of the tunnel....I just have to HOPE.

I associate the color Yellow with HOPE.  Light is symbolic to me of HOPE and when I think of light I think of Yellow.

The editing pieces this week focused on photo tinting...a way for us to add an artistic flair to our pictures.  Yellow was the color I chose to focus on.
 

Light in the darkness is the first image that comes to mind when I think about HOPE.
Edited using Color balance.

I bought a HOPE inspirational rock this week as I needed something tangible to hold on to.
Edited using Hue

I enlisted my husband to assist me with this shot.  I set all my settings and I told him how to move the focus dots and Voila...he did a great job.
Edited with Tri-Tone. 
 
Edited with Color balance

Edited with Tri-Tone

Yellow is the color I see when I think of HOPE so I snapped this picture of my decorative Sunflowers
Edited with Warhol




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.