Sunday, 16 June 2013

Happy Father's Day

"Anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a DAD". 

I heard this quote for the first time years ago on an episode of the Oprah show and it rang true to me then and now.  I have been estranged from my father since I was fourteen years old so Father's Day has not meant anything to me for many years.

But now I have a little girl and Father's Day has taken on a whole new meaning.  There is something magical about the bond between a Father and a daughter.  I love just watching how many husband and Rachael interact with other.  Rachael adores her Daddy and he adores her.

Anyone within earshot of our house, know when my husband has come home from work.  The sounds of two dogs barking and a little girl yelling "Daddy" can be heard.  Priceless moments.

I have always said that I think that every Man should have a daughter.  Why? because they were once a teenage boy.  I predict that my life will get a bit easier when Rachael becomes a teenager and my husband will have a few more gray hairs.

 
Happy Father's Day to the Best Daddy that a little girl could have.
 

 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.