The challenge for Day 1 was to take a picture of you and your child. What a perfect challenge. I long to have more pictures of Rachael and myself together. As the "family photographer" I am always the one behind the camera. There are tons of pictures of Rachael with her dad....pictures of them just hanging out as father and daughter. Pictures that I hope our daughter will be grateful to have in years to come. But unfortunately not too many candid pictures of Rachael and I. For Mother's Day Rachael and I had professional pictures taken and I love them, but I would love to have more candid pictures of us just being mother and daughter.
I'm sure a lot of people, who also find themselves in the role of "The Photographer"(mostly the moms), can relate. Here is a great article that addresses this very topic. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/allison-tate/mom-pictures-with-kids_b_1926073.html
There are a few ways that I can solve this problem
1) Get someone i.e. my husband to take the picture. If I ask my husband to take our picture he will and because I have complained about this issue, he is getting better at snapping off a picture of Rachael and I on his smartphone. The point is not to obtain a technical stellar picture but just for me to "be" in the picture. I want my daughter to look back through our pictures and see that I really was there.
2) Set up the tripod and set the self-timer. I have used this option, but the whole setting up the tripod, running back to my spot, and trying desperately to act natural I find to be a bit annoying.
3) Using a Wireless Shutter release. I recently purchased this one. http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005LZX1W8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I'm still playing around with it. Rachael can operate it herself. I am a gadget girl. I am happier to get a new toy than jewelry which is great as I'm sure my wedding set is the only piece of jewelry I will ever get. My husband bought me an IPad last Christmas which I absolutely love and the best part is, that he knew I would love it.
So I did complete today's photo challenge. The pictures are not technically perfect, but I was able to capture Rachael and I spending time together cleaning out our flower bed.
We deserved a treat after all of our hard work.
For those of you how are interested in reading about this 30 day challenge click here http://clickitupanotch.com/2013/05/photography-habit-of-the-month-shooting-daily-clickaday/. I challenge all of you to try this. Feel free to comment about your adventures with this challenge below. I will post an update by July 1st.
Happy Clicking!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.