Saturday, 22 June 2013

You know you are a photographer when.....

All of us have seen those lists that start like this "You know you are a _________ when.........."  I can relate to the "You know you are a nurse when....." lists.  If you had asked me a year ago I would never have listed photographer when describing myself.  But this morning I had an "A-HA" moment.
I woke up this morning around 7:30.  The house was quiet as my husband had already left to go golfing and my daughter was still sleeping.  Now for most Moms this would be a prime opportunity to catch a few more Zzz's themselves.  And that is usually what I would do.  Instead I got out of bed and headed to our front door to see what the light looked like....A-HA I am starting to think like a photographer :).  I wasn't disappointed.  The morning sun was up and was creating a beautiful backlighting on my front lawn and flower garden.  So yes I grabbed my camera with my new 85mm macro lens and snapped away.
















You know you are photographer when you wake up in the morning and rush to the front door to check out the light.

Now it's your turn.  In the comments box below how would you answer this?  You know you are a photographer when..... I can't wait to read your answers :).

6 comments:

  1. You know you are a photographer when....you think of grabbing your DSLR before your iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Jenn :). I have the Iphone 4 and when I first got it, Pre-DSLR, I loved its camera but now I would rather lug around my Nikon. I hope the camera has improved in the newer version of the Iphone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you're a photographer when... "Click here for free daily photography tips" links excite you more than you know what ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting pretty good results up close... are those with your 50mm as well, or your macro?

    For myself, I would say "You know you're a photographer when... your camera gear carry-on is over the weight allowance (for your flight to Cuba), but photography gear doesn't actually count toward your allowed weight (did not know this - good info to know!!), so when you take your camera and gigantic lens out, you could almost pack another carry-on!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the travel tip Tara.... The only thing I hate about flying is restricted my luggage.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.