Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Radiate: Week Six - Blessings of Me.

This week in Radiate, the assignment was to pick a day and take a picture every hour.  This was a fun project to do.  I chose to this on Sunday as this is the only day of the week where I don't have a schedule to follow. This Sunday was a pretty typical one except for the fact that Dennis was away.

6:20am.  Rachael was still sleeping but I got up anyway so I could squeeze in some "ME" time.  I prefer to squeeze in my ME time at the beginning of the day instead of the end of it. Dennis has been away since Thursday so ME has been a bit limited.

Taken with my IPAD
 
7:20am.  Rachael was still sleeping so I thought I would make myself a cup of Tea.
 
 
08:20am  Sunday is the day that I go grocery shopping.  I make a weekly menu and buy the needed groceries.  Usually I will do this on Saturday night but I didn't get it done until Sunday morning.  I browse through my recipe boards on Pinterest and add the groceries to the grocery app on my phone.
 
 
 
09:20am.  Breakfast at Denny's with my favorite date.  I brought the Nikon with me but opted to try and snap a picture of Rachael and I together.  The IPhone was the easier option.  Not happy with the quality of the picture but happy to have captured this moment.
 
 
10:20am.  Still at Denny's.  This time I grabbed my Nikon and snapped this picture of Rachael....My absolute favorite picture of the day and it is now my husband's Facebook profile picture.
 



                           
11:20am.  Picking up groceries at Safeway.  I usually opt to do the weekly grocery shopping by myself but with Dennis out of town I had no choice but to bring Rachael with me.  A lot of the shoppers got a kick out of listening to her to chat away to me as she marched around in Safeway without her sweater and jacket.  Anyway at the till, one of the shoppers struck up a conversation with Rachael.  It was so cute to listen to.  Again I had the Nikon with me but didn't want to be seen as a crazy person, so I opted to use my Iphone for this picture.
 
 
12:20pm.  Rachael and I enjoy doing crafts on the weekend so I set her up first to make snowflakes using cotton balls and then she made a snowman using miniature marshmellows.  Thanks to Pinterest I have a lot of craft ideas pinned and ready to try.
 
 
 
1:20pm.  Rachael's playroom was looking a bit like a disaster area so I decided it was time to clean it up.  I am extremely grateful that Rachael has a playroom so at least the mess is just contained to this room.
 
 


2:20pm.  Lunch time.  Tomato soup and crackers.  Perfect for a cold wintery day.
 
 
3:20pm.  Rachael was having her nap and this is usually when I try to get some housework done.  But today I decided to curl up on the couch with a bowl and chips and watch a show on the PVR.
 
 
4:20pm.  Preparing to clean the bathrooms.  Lucky me I now have three bathrooms to clean which I do weekly. 
 

 
5:20pm.  It took me all weekend to get the entire driveway, walkway and deck all shovelled.  This is usually a "blue job" at our house.  At this time it was snowing again.  Dennis at this point was driving home from Edmonton.  I posted a picture of FB with the shovel and a broom by his truck as a joke.  To redeem myself I went out and brushed and scraped all of the snow and ice off of his truck.
 
 
 
6:20pm. Suppertime.  On Saturday I made supper in the crockpot so Sunday we got to enjoy leftovers.
 
 
7:20pm.  We don't allow Rachael to watch TV until after supper.  She always watches Dora the Explorer.
 


 
8:20pm.  Bath night.  Rachael headed straight to my bathroom to get the blowdryer so I could blow dry her hair.
 

 
9:20pm.  With Rachael in bed for the night, it was time to do some housework which included doing the dishes.
 
 
10:20pm.  Shortly after 10pm, Dennis returned home.  I was extremely grateful as the roads were not great and it always makes me nervous when loved ones are on the roads especially in the winter.
 
 
 So there you have it, my typical Sunday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.