Manual 1/50, f 2.5 ISO 100
I have had rain envy ever since Week 1 of Momtographie class when a lot of my classmates were getting a lot of rain. I longed for the opportunity to take some pictures of Rachael splashing in mud puddles. Truth be told...I'm not a big fan of rain. I can't imagine living in the Lower Mainland where rain is a common occurrence. I don't like getting wet and cold.
But to a kid...puddles equals fun. And as a Mom I strive to provide fun opportunities for Rachael. It has been raining daily here since Saturday. I took my Nikon with me to work today just in case an opportunity presented itself after work. On the drive home I kept my eyes open for a big mud puddle. I wasn't disappointed. I found a big puddle in a not too busy of a parking lot. I quickly put on Rachael's funky looking raincoat and her rubber boots and let her at the puddle while I snapped away. Here are the results.. All of the pictures below were taken with my 50mm lens on Aperture priority mode.
1/2000, f 2.5, ISO 400
Rachael looking at the splashes she made. 1/3200, f 2.5, ISO 800
A happy little girl. 1/1250, f 2.5, ISO 200
I love this close up of Rachael's boots.... Can you tell that she is a Daycare kid :).
1/1000, f 1.8, ISO 200.
Look Mommy it's an aeroplane 1/4000, f 2.5, ISO 800. I love playing around with aperture. This is also a great composition photo using the rule of thirds.
When it is comes to splashing all eyes are on the boots
And that's a wrap folks








No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.