Tuesday, 7 May 2013

First Day with my new 50mm lens

Today was the first day shooting with my new lens.  Like a kid with a new Christmas present to say I was excited to try it was an understatement.  Mornings are a bit hectic to get myself and Rachael ready for the day and out the door in time.... But I couldn't wait to try it out so I took a few shots this morning.

My living room gets the best light in the house so the morning light was already coming from our big window.  My Kitchen/Living room has poor light in the morning.

Here are a few shots from this morning taken in the living room


Morning light through the window but by shooting towards the window, created a very dark photo.  
Settings Manual mode: 1/200 f/1.400

Morning light,  again I was shooting towards the window.
Settings Manual mode: 1/25, f/1.4, ISO 400.


With Rachael sitting to the side of the window, I was aimed in front of her to the side of the window.
Settings Manual: 1/160, f/1.4, ISO 400

The lighting in my Dining room is poor in the morning.  There are three windows, one of which is part of the door.  Very little morning light.  

Here is the picture that I took.

Settings Manual mode 1/15, f/1.4 and ISO 800.  I chose to go with a slower shutter speed versus increasing my ISO as I have read that an increase in the ISO will cause more noise in the photo.  I am too much of a beginner to understand or begin to identify that factor in photos.  I was just happy that I was able to get a great photo despite the light limitations in the room.

And this is why I love my new Lens :).

Manual mode settings 1/320 f/1.4 ISO 100.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.