Sunday, 12 May 2013

Meet the ducks

I took Rachael out to Crystal Lake this morning with the intention of letting her feed the ducks but also to try out what I had learned in Week 1 of Momtographie class in "on location".

Beautiful day...lots of natural sunlight. It was challenging trying to adjust my settings to capture the moment "just right". I am a self professed perfectionist so I needed to keep reminding myself that this is only week one of six week class.  A little knowledge can be a bad thing.   In the end it was easier just to focus on Light and to enjoy the moment with Rachael.  Another challenge was the setting itself...my daughter was so focused on her task of feeding the birds that it was hard to get her attention so that she would look at me.  Also the open fence made me a bit nervous as I was alone with Rachael so I needed to focus on her safety my first priority.

Here are some pictures










































Manual 1/1000 f2.5 ISO 200



Would have been a better picture if Rachael had been in Focus.  Not sure what happened here.
Manual mode 1/1000 F3.5 and ISO 200.


Nice picture of the location but Rachael is blurry.
Manual 1/640 F 3.5 and ISO 200.

Almost the opposite.  Rachael is in focus, well not completely, and the location is blurry.
Manual 1/640 F 5 ISO 400.


And she moved.  From this point Rachael is facing the sun.  The lake is overexposed here.
Manual 1/640 F 4.5 ISO 400.

I love that I was able to catch Rachael dropping her piece of bread for the duck.
Manual 1/640 F 5 ISO 400

Rachael just being cute.
Manual 1/500 f 5 ISO 400


So happy to be seeing the birds and ducks. She was making duck noises.  Would have made a good video. Just wish she had been in focus.
Manual 1/640 f 5 ISO 800.


Love it.  Just think that I should have moved back more.
Manual 1/800 f 5 ISO 800

The duck with the big chunk of bread that Rachael had thrown.
Manual 1/1250 f5 ISO 800



I like this one. Rachael is wearing white pants which wasn't the best thing to wear on a bright sunny day but by focusing on her jacket I eliminated this issue.
Manual 1/1000 F5 ISO 800


Again I chose not to show her white pants in the picture.
Manual 1/400 f5 ISO 200

A girl and her shadow 
Manual 1/1250 f2.8 ISO 100

So much to learn can't wait for Week 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.