Monday, 1 July 2013

Happy Canada Day!!!!!!!

Holidays definitely take on a different meaning when you have a child.  I have lovely me memories of watching the Canada Day parade in Dawson and then heading down to Pouce park for the festivities....something I tell my husband about everytime we pass by Pouce Park on our way to Dawson to see my Mom.

But as an adult, I didn't take part in any Canada Day festivities.  July 1st either meant a day off work or a long weekend if it fell on the right day or working and getting stat pay...Ching Ching.  

I have lived in Grande Prairie for 14 yrs and the first time I attended the Canada Day parade here was in 2011....my daughter's first parade.  For the past three years I have bought a special t-shirt for Rachael...months in advance.  This was probably the first year where she could really be aware of what was going on.  Having a kid makes you connect with you community

It reached 38 degrees Celsius today...very balmy.  Parade and then activities at the park made for a very exhausted girl.  She fell asleep in the ride home and went straight to bed.

Happy Canada Day!!!!!!

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.