Saturday, 27 July 2013

LensMama: Day 1 to Day 5.

On Monday I started another online photography called LensMama with Darrah Parker.  This is my third photography class this year....I guess I'm addicted.  The goal of this class is to tell our story and to see the beauty in our life.  The class is not about taking technically perfect photos it is about capturing the moment.  We can choose to take pictures with any type of camera.

I still want to work on the skills I learned in Momtographie online so I am choosing to take most of my pictures using my Nikon.  That and I am really not happy with the quality of the pictures I am getting from my Iphone. 

On the topic of Iphones this week I entered the world of Instagram...A bit late I know.  I had heard of it but had never used it.  I think this will be a fun way for me to share those pics that I randomly take and love, and will prevent me from spamming up my FB wall and as a result my FB friends' newsfeeds.  I also downloaded the Iphone App Camera +.  Still need to play around with it but I think this will improve my Iphone pictures considerably.

Today is Day 5 of LensMama.  Each day I wake up to an e-mail from Darrah with the day's prompt.

Day 1 Routines
1. Rachael feeding the dogs.
2. Giving Daddy a Hug after he returns home from work.
3. Me cooking supper.
4. Totally engrossed in Dora.
 Day 2: Mess
 
This prompt came on the morning of the day of the first showing for our house.  So our house was clean and tidy with everything in its place.  I would not consider myself a neat freak but I do like to have things tidy.  A bit difficult in our current house as our living room doubles as Rachael's playroom.  I vowed not to stress myself out too much about keeping that room super clean.  The potential buyer will be buying our house and lucky for them not our mess.


 
It is very easy to look at this picture and see the mess...spilled milk but I am choosing to see this as Rachael's blossoming independence.  She likes to take her vitamin in this little medicine cup and follow it with some milk in the same little cup. She poured the milk herself.

 
My husband always complains about the mess I make when I cook.
 Day 3: Emotions
 
Focussing on the people around us and tuning into their emotions.  Rachael has a lot of expressions you can always tell what she is feeling.


 
 
Day 4: Self-Care
 
This is what I posted on the LensMama FB group wall.  Self-care is something that is so important but yet something that gets neglected.  As a Mom/wife it seems like I am always taking care of everyone else and I do enjoy that.  I often feel guilty about making time for me.  It took me until 9pm to finally make some time for me today.  I love bubble baths and to be honest I can't remember the last time I made the time to have one.  This evening I dug out my lavender bath stuff.  Intially I was going to have a quick shower as when I thought about having a bath, I immediately thought about cleaning the bath afterwards and suddenly having a bath didn't seem so relaxing anymore.  Well I decided that mess or not I was going to have a bath.  So not only did I dig out my lavender bath stuff but I lit some candles and brought my Iphone to listen to some of MY music....It has been a long time since I have done that too.  Note to self: Need to download some new tunes


Self-Care


Day 5: Play
 
Play is a big part about being Two.  Rachael loves playing at the park.  She loves swings, slides and have proven herself to be quite the little monkey climbing over everything.  At home she loves her stuffed friends and her dolls.  For Christmas we bought her a high chair, cradle and stroller for her to tend to her babies.  She LOVES her stroller. 
 
Tonight was bath night so I filled tub with her bath toys and brought out the bubbles and the bath paints.
 
 
For more information on Lens Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.