Friday, 12 July 2013

Project 52: Week 3 - Drink Up

When I started thinking about this week's theme I decided right away that I was going to use this as an excuse to make myself a Pina Colada. 

I'm not a big drinker but due to the fact that I have been pregnant three times, it has been a long time since I wasn't either pregnant or breastfeeding in the summer.   So to be able to partake in some summer drinks is a real treat for me..

Ok so the subject was decided on, now to decide how to photograph it.  I am using Project 52 as an opportunity to continue to practice the skills I learned in Momtographie online so no quickie snapshot pic on the IPhone for me. 

I initially had big dreams of attempting a self-portrait of me indulging in the aforementioned drink.....lofty ideals for this Momtographer.  So I settled on just putting what I know about aperture into use.

By the time I got around to taking pictures the sunlight had moved from my deck facing the backyard to my front lawn.  So I set up the photoshoot on my front porch...I can only imagine what my neighbours and those people driving by must have thought.  Thanks to my nifty fifty and a low aperture I created a beautiful background for my drink.

It wasn't an extremely warm day, thank goodness but despite that, I learned quickly than when working with a iced beverage, you need to shoot fast.  I ended up making another drink as I wasn't happy with the shots I took of the first drink.  This ended up working in my favor as 1) I now had two Pina Coladas to drink...and wasn't that the whole point of this shoot anyway??? and 2) I got to add the pineapple garnish that I forgotten to add to the first drink. 

I, as per usual, took a LOT of pictures but I did manage to get a few that I really loved.  When I showed these pictures to my husband he said "you're really good at that". Best compliment ever :).

Drink up!!!!!!!

For a complete list of all of the pictures from my Project 52 follow this link to Resolution which has the link to all of my Project 52 blog posts.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.