Day 6: Details
Before I had Rachael I had always heard others parents comment on how fast kids grow up. But it wasn't until I became a Mom myself that I saw for myself how true that comment is. I have a ton of pictures of Rachael starting from birth. I often find myself looking at her in wonderment....where did my baby girl go. It is clear that Rachael is no longer a baby, but she is not yet a big girl. Instead she is my beautiful little girl inside and out that I love to pieces.
![]() |
1. Tiny feet
2. It won't be long before she no longer wears her hair like this.
3. Her hands still have dimples
4. Her tiny hand inside of her Daddy's hand.
|
Day 7: I am Grateful For...
Sunday morning I woke up after 9am....All of the parents reading will understand what a great moment that was for me. Dennis woke up with Rachael and entertained her until I woke up. Most mornings, even weekend ones, this is my role. I was happy to see a messy living room this morning. We sold our house the night before so the pressure to keep our house neat and tidy is off. Today and everyday I am grateful for Rachael. She is our Rainbow child and I am grateful that I have been given the opportunity to raise a child here on Earth. There are many Moms who have also experienced a loss or losses, who have yet to bring home a baby. And lastly I am grateful to have both Dennis and Rachael in my life. I love them more than words can express.
Day 8: Self-Portrait: I was here
Like a lot of Moms I have established my role as family photographer. Which means there are more pictures of Rachael, Dennis, heck even the dogs, than myself. I love the candid pictures I have of Dennis and Rachael which shows the love between the two of them. Definitely need more pictures of Rachael and I. Dennis will take a picture for me but only if I ask him to. I have a tripod and a remote shutter release so I do have the tools. Today armed with my tripod I went to Crystal Lake and took the first two pictures. Great response from my FB friends so now one of these pictures is my current FB profile picture. The bottom two pictures were taken on my front lawn. I was Here!!!!!!
Day 9: Patting myself on the back.
![]() |
1. Bibs
2.Rachael's glasses
3. Mommy/Daddy soap or Rachael's soap
4.Shoes
|
Mornings are always interesting. Usually I wake up at 5:30am so that I have time to have my shower etc and to ensure that I can deal with whatever Rachael throws at me.
Bibs: We learn time and time again, that if we choose a bib for Rachael she will not want that bib and will proceed to choose another one.
Glasses: Similar thing with glasses. It is best if you ask Rachael first, which glass she would like her milk/water in before filling a glass. Your pick will always be the wrong one. If you stand your ground...which I would not advise...a meltdown will result.
Soap: Rachael has her own soap in both of our bathrooms. For awhile there she was very happy with her own soap. Now I have learnt that it is best to ask her which soap she wants to use instead of just squirtng some on her hands. If the wrong soap was selected by me, she will wash her hands again with the soap of her choice.
Shoes: Rachael has quite the shoe collection. This morning she refused to put on her socks because she wanted to wear her sandals and not shoes. Then no sooner had she put on her sandals she wanted her golf shoes.
By the time I make it to my office, I feel like I have already put in a full days work...Negotiating with a two year old is hard work. But my Mantra: Pick your battles is helpful.
Day 10: For Now......
For now Rachael is not quite as tall as our kitchen counter. For now she sits on a booster seat to eat her meals. For now her feet do not touch the ground. For now and in the coming days I will make more of an effort to make time to take care of me. Thanks Darrah Parker for a wonderful ten days.
For more information on Lens Mama
To view Day 1 to Day 5 of Lens Mama click here





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.