Crocheting and Knitting are becoming a lost art. It used to be that this would be craft taught to you by your Mother or Grandmother. I don't know too many people in my generation who know how to crochet or knit.
I taught myself to crochet or knit but I don't do either very well. When I was pregnant with Rachael I was bound and determined to crochet her a blanket. My husband probably remembers all too well how I would rip out the blanket many times and start all over again. I wanted/needed that blanket to be "perfect".
And then she was born and all of the wonderful blankets were received. Mine didn't seem as nice as compared to the others so sadly I never used. But I have kept it and will keep it for Rachael because it makes a good story and a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into making it but most importantly, a lot of love.
I made the pink and white blanket.
Now my husband's Nana can Crochet very well. She has crocheted a blanket for each of her grandchildren, so my husband had one. I was extremely touched when Rachael received her very own blanket (the peach and white one) this year for her birthday. It found a home on her bed and I will be keeping it for her. What a lovely reminder she will always have of the love that her Nana had for her. She is so lucky to have a Great Grandmother and my husband is so lucky to still have a living Grandmother.
The Multiple colored one was made for Rachael by a lady in the Ostomy group that I participate in and the other throw was made by lady at work. We are not that close but for her to have taken the time to make this blanket was extremely touching to me. We used that blanket for Rachael for Tummy time. And yes I am keeping this one too.
My daughter will always know who much she was/is loved and what lovely stories these blankets will make.
For a complete list of all of the pictures from my Project 52 follow this link to Resolution which has the link to all of my Project 52 blog posts.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.